TomTom XXL 550 Map Update: TomTom is a Dutch MNC that makes satellite navigation devices. It is located in Amsterdam and was founded in 1991. The company on its official website says that they are one of the most trustworthy and reliable brands in the industry. They manufacture location technology devices that prove to be very useful for drivers.
The benefits of such navigation devices are that you can reach the destination on time, you can calculate the time beforehand and you do not need to ask for directions from the people on the road if you have the latest updated map version.
If you are planning to purchase the TomTom XXL 550 then understand that there are regular map updates provided by the company, some are free while some are paid. Some devices come with lifetime free map updates also. The benefit of these updates is that the performance of your device is enhanced while if there are any new features- they are also added to the device.
Easy Steps Of TomTom XXL 550 Map Update:
- First of all, connect the TomTom device with the computer system using a USB cable.
- If you do not have the application downloaded on your system then open the TomTom website.
- You will see the SHOP section on the website and under that you will see the MAPS AND SERVICES category, click that.
- There are maps provided for all over the world, you can select your region and click on details.
- You can check out the details provided on the website, after that you will come up with 2 options- map update and annual subscription.
- After choosing one of the options clicks on ‘place order’ and fill in the payment details on the page. This way you are authorizing the company to debit a particular amount from your bank account.
- After you have paid the amount the cycle starts and the amount will be debited from your account on a monthly basis and after the completion of your annual period, you can cancel the subscription if you want.
- After the update is downloaded on your computer you can install it on your device also.
Related Articles: TomTom XXL Update
MAP GUARANTEE UPDATES With TomTom Device
Whenever you buy a TomTom device the company provides you with map updates. These TomTom XXL 550 map updates are free for a limited period of time. This is known as map guarantee updates and the time period of the warranty starts as soon as you purchase the device. The warranty period varies between 30 to 90 days and it is different for different devices. Generally, there are updates available 3 or 4 times a year.
TomTom Device With FREE MAP UPDATES
Then there are devices that come with free TomTom GPS update for a lifetime. This means that whenever there is an update available for the device you will be notified of the same and without incurring any cost you can install that update. For receiving the notifications of the update you need to register yourself on the TomTom website. One more additional feature provided is that apart from the navigation, the map can be downloaded also. This is also for free.
There are various activation codes and promotional offers provided by the company where the updates can be downloaded in the future for free if you apply these activation codes.
TomTom PAID MAP UPDATES
Apart from these general regular updates the company also provides you paid updates facility in which any map of the world can be downloaded. Also sometimes the devices which do not come with free lifetime updates or the users do not download any updates even when the device is in warranty time then they can download the updates after paying a fee.