Set up in California in 1986, Magellan is a leading GPS (Global Positioning System) device producer and consumer in the United States. They are concerned with the manufacture and distribution of vehicular, cross-over, and handheld navigation products. They also produce proprietary road maps under the name “DirectRoute”, marine navigation charts, topography sheets, and so on. Magellan currently makes use of Navteq maps to aid its geographical analysis. It offers a number of enticing features to its users, including various features in its vision to account for 3D effects, night vision and overhead view, pop-up visuals of upcoming turns, Bluetooth facilities integrated into its devices to allow it to be linked with mobile phones, and regular updates on traffic information. Magellan Roadmate is a portable navigation system used in cars.
The Magellan Roadmate 1440 version was released in 2009, with an LCD color touch screen. The device is enclosed in a plastic case that is resistant to high impact, and has a Li-ion battery with a runtime of up to 3 hours as its source of power and a microSD card reader. It comes with maps of Canada, Puerto Rico, and the USA preloaded into it. Based on customer reviews, even though it is quite an old model, it is said to have a better GPS than newer versions. It has voice assistance and can help with street names, new shortcuts, exit numbers, warn you of diverging highways and multi-lane exits ahead, and also informs you of the exact time to take a turn.
The touchscreen is responsive and has a high resolution, and its screen size of 4.3”, with a metric diagonal size of 10.9cm, is found to be most convenient for customers. The hardware included with this product is a car power adapter and a windshield mount which can be used with automobiles. It shows digital traffic warnings for a lifetime with its inbuilt DAB radio link feature. Its collaboration with different companies has ensured quality travel information, roadside assistance, and much more.
As maps and places keep on developing with the times, it is important to stay updated with the latest available maps. As most updates require payment, it is economical to subscribe to a lifetime plan for Magellan 1440 updates, instead of trying to pay for each update you feel is required. This update is assisted by technical support, either through chat or by calling on the number +1(855) 386-1126. Also, given the advent of technology since the Roadmate was first released, some devices are not compatible with particular update versions. If disabling the antivirus protection for your system or your firewall does not work, contact the team immediately for professional assistance. Do not try to disconnect your device from your computer or force stop the update as this can negatively impact your device. The Magellan Roadmate update can be carried out either automatically or manually, both of which measures have been described below.
Directly update steps for Magellan Roadmate 1440
- Connect your device to a reliable internet connection.
- Login to your Magellan account which is linked with your device. In case you do not have one, create an account, and register your device to it.
- Select the “Settings” icon on your device, which will reveal whether any update is available or not.
- Click on the “Install” button to confirm the update.
- Allow it to complete and reboot at the end of it automatically.
Manual update steps for Magellan Roadmate 1440
- First of all, install the Magellan Content Manager onto your computer. This can be carried out as follows:
- Connect to a reliable WiFi source, disable your firewall or antivirus, and prepare your system for installation.
- Go to Magellan’s official website, and then the “Downloads” section. The Content Manager is available for a free download on Windows and Macs. Click on the download button/link to initiate the process.
- Choose the required location for it to download, and once completed, run the executable file.
- Post installation of Content Manager, register your GPS device with it.
- Now, whenever your device needs to be updated, all that has to be done is connecting your device to the system.
- Connect your device to your system and go to www.SmartGPESco.com. Create a new account or log in to an existing one.
- In the “Update” tab, select your device model (here, Magellan Roadmate 1440).
- The latest map will appear as a download suggestion. Allow it to install itself onto your device.
- It is now safe to disconnect your device and connect it back to your vehicle.
List of the Problems after the Magellan Roadmate 1440 update
- In case the device fails to boot, make sure that the battery is undamaged, and that the charger and the power button are fully functional. Try charging your device to 100% before attempting to switch it on again.
- If your device is non-responsive and has a frozen screen, restarting can help.
- The audio system can sometimes fail after updates. Make sure that the wires of the speaker are proper, and connect with an expert in case of any issues.
- In some cases, a “Signal not found” error may occur. Either try changing your location or rebooting your device.
- If your device is unable to find instructed routes, it shows an error “Unable to find the address.” This indicates that the device software has not been updated to the latest. Check for updates as given in the above procedure to solve this.
Dial us at MyGeolocate +1(855) 386-1126 to get in touch with professionals who are accessible round the clock to assist you with the most suitable solutions. Don’t hesitate to dial us, feel free to call us. We are available 24*7, 365 days for your support.