Are you concerned about how to update Rand McNally TND 730? Step by step guide will help you in resolving your rand McNally 730 problems in the USA. Rand McNally is a well-known name in the trucking industry. The company is a known manufacturer of GPS-related devices. They make sporting watches, hardware, and software all of which use the Global Positioning System in one way or another.
A very popular series of devices made by them are the TND devices, which are used in trucking journeys, for people traveling far and wide across cities and states. For getting accurate maps it is pertinent for users to know
how to update Rand McNally TND 730.
List of requirements
Before you dive into learning how to update Rand McNally TND 730, it is necessary to collect the required items needed for conducting an update:
- A device like a computer or a laptop, for accessing the browser.
- Dock software.
- Web browsers that will support the update.
- Hard disk space of 8 GBs.
Steps to Update Rand McNally TND 730
In some GPS devices, people generally get notifications on their devices via Wi-Fi whenever there is a new update. However, in some cases, you will need to know how to update Rand McNally TND 730 with the help of dock software. Below is a compilation of steps you should follow, to get an update:
- For starters, begin by downloading the dock software.
- Save the file, on a secure folder of your system.
- Open the file and run it to complete the installation process.
- Once you have installed the software, connect it with the TND device.
- After connecting both the devices, you will begin getting the updates every time they are released by the company.
What is a dock?
When you learn how to update Rand McNally TND 730 you will be required to use dock software for updates. However, many people are not familiar with the term and its usage in a GPS. A dock is a crucial part of the McNally devices. It is what helps the user in getting all the free upgrades for their map hardware and software.
It also contains a copy of the user manual for your device and serves as a way for users to give provide feedback to the company, regarding any troubles or questions.
It should also be noted that the newer Rand GPS devices, which come in the form of a tablet do not come with a dock. They are Wi-Fi equipped and they get their updates directly in the form of notifications.
It is a standard procedure for GPS devices to make updates to their maps every 1 to 3 years. It is a reasonable amount of time for you to go ahead and get those updates, for the following reasons:
- A map is not a static thing, it gets changed over time – such as the rerouting of roads, new constructions, renaming of streets or areas, redevelopment, etc. A map update is necessary to get all these changes included in your maps.
- For TND devices for truckers, map updates are essential as a part of their job requirements, so it is essential for them to learn how to update Rand McNally TND 730.
- Updates prevent you from getting lost in unknown locations and make sure you are safe and accounted for wherever you go.
If u are facing problem-related with this also read