The GPS has become an important part of all of our personal and professional lives. It’s easy to get update Rand McNally tablet. It is a crucial piece of technology in the e-commerce industry, online cab services, food deliveries and so much more. Rand McNally is a popular American manufacturer of GPS-related devices. They have made a mark in creating tracking and mapping watches and tablets among other things. If you happen to own any of their devices then you should also know how to update Rand McNally tablet, find out more about it by reading on.
Ways to update Rand McNally tablet
Before learning how to update your device, there are a few things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Find out the model number of your device, you will have to check if the update is compatible with that particular model.
- Make sure your device is in charging or is completely charged, so that it does not shut down in the middle.
- To successfully learn how to update Rand McNally tablet, you should also have a stable Wi-Fi network connected to your device. It should also be noted that the GPS is not launched in the middle of the update process.
- Your device should also be registered on the official website, if it hasn’t been go ahead and register it.
Steps to update Rand McNally tablet
We have compiled a comprehensive list of instructions that you can follow to learn simple steps to update Rand McNally tablet:
- The operating system of your device should be compatible with the pending update; if not so you will first have to change to a suitable OS.
- After checking the OS of your device, go to the system update section and find out about all the recently available updates.
- Go ahead and download them all.
- The entire verification and installation procedure can take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the strength of your network.
- After you click on Ok, you can check for updates, and wait for a prompt that tells you the update is over.
- You will then have to verify the updates by cross-checking the metadata.
- Visit the contact and about from the preferences option.
- And double-check the update date and version.
Common troubles related to Rand McNally update
Oftentimes, users are not able to update their device in one go due to some or the other common mistake or error. Below is a list of things that can get in the way of you understanding how to update Rand McNally tablet:
- One of the most common issues is a weak network connection.
- If you haven’t updated your operating system up to date, an error can occur.
- If your device does not have an adequate amount of storage space.
- In this case you can either clear some of the memory to create some additional space or get an external SD card, of about 8 GBs.
- If nothing works, then you can always try to install the update once again.
If all your efforts in updating your TND tablet have been futile, the issue could be a bit deeper. In such a situation calling for technical help from the official website would be helpful.
If you find problem related to this also Read: