Garmin Nuvi 50lm Update: In this blog, we will let you know how to update the free Garmin Nuvi 50lm with some simple steps. Garmin is a multinational company of American origin that specializes in GPS(Global Positioning System) devices used for professional, commercial, and personal interests. Both handhelds as well as in-vehicular units are available. The first Nuvi product was released in 2005, with the product line advertising GPS navigation with remarkable accuracy, MP3 players, language translators, world clocks, photo organizers, and converters, for currency as well as time. Garmin Nuvi is a special model that is used in automobiles for vehicular navigation. With the help of GPS satellite signals, it allows one to determine the location of his/her car, and route it to the desired destination.
The “lm” part in the name, standing for “Lifetime Maps”, signifies that free updates are available for a lifetime with this product. The Garmin Nuvi 50lm updated version is said to provide navigational assistance at its best, as it has a large number of prominent landmarks and sites fed into it, in addition to the “Direct Access” option to discover nearby airports, railway stations, and so on.
The other entrancing features offered in this device include a 5.0-inch dual-orientation display, several maps in countries like the UK and Canada preloaded into it, driver alerts to warn of upcoming sharp turns, restricted zones, railway crossings, speed limits, and sudden changes in the same and also has this “Up Ahead” feature incorporated into it which allows you to visually see obstacles and milestones ahead of you, without having to exit from the general map view. Its battery life is around one hour and is compatible with Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.4, and their newer versions as well. As maps keep on getting updated a lot, it is imperative to keep your device updated to the latest available software, to avoid relying on outdated information. However, installing updates on this device, with its quaint idea of a lifetime of free service, is quite simple.
1 – Steps of Garmin Nuvi 50lm Update
The consumers of this model are entitled to a lifetime free map downloads. In order to make the most out of this offer and of all the features that this device offers to enhance vehicular navigation, and to not continue using outdated maps, ensure that your device software is updated to the latest available version.
The Garmin nüvi 50lm update can be easily carried out following the steps given below:
- Create an account on Garmin first, if you do not already have one. This is needed to register your device. Login in to your Garmin account from your computer.
- Connect the device to your computer using the given USB cable. Make sure that it is unplugged from your car while updating.
- After opening the Garmin Find Map Updates page, unless your device already has the latest version, a download button will appear. Click on this.
- Run the downloaded executable file and install the Garmin Maps Updater onto your computer, and run it.
- Click on the “Search for device” option and allow it to detect your device. Click on “Continue”, and then when prompted with a pop-up whether you are ready to update, click on “Continue” to proceed.
- These updates often require a lot of space which might involve clearing some storage. As they tend to take time as well, leave the device plugged in and allow it to finish installing updates successfully.
2 – How to get Garmin Nuvi 50lm update with Express Software
Garmin Express is a free desktop software that keeps you notified of and assists you in installing all the updates made to Garmin software, helps you register your device, create backups, and so on. It also provides a variety of other features, some examples of which are syncing your Garmin Connect account with wellness and fitness details, managing content, both free as well as paid, updating marine charts, and aids in redeeming vouchers. It basically allows you to link your device to your computer and allows you to manage your device from the system. Garmin nüvi 50lm update can be carried out as follows:
- Open the link garmin.com/express in a web browser. This is the site available for free download of Express software. You will be able to see an option to download an executable file. Run the downloaded file to complete the installation of Garmin Express to your desktop.
- Connect your Garmin device to your computer, and make sure it is unplugged from your vehicle.
- Open Garmin Express. Click on the “Add a Device” option, and wait for it to automatically detect your device.
- Once a pop-up notifies you of your device registered, click on “Add Device” to confirm registration.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the registration of your device.
- Once this setup is completed, Garmin Express will automatically start searching for the varied Garmin Nuvi 50lm update that is available for your device model. It also gives you options as to whether you want to install all the updates or select ones based on your convenience. Select options as per your interests.
- Garmin Express will download and install the Garmin Nuvi 50lm update automatically after this. Allow it to complete the installation. It will ensure that the device is fully functional with all the features now incorporated into it.
A lot of reviews have agreed on Garmin providing reliable and quality GPS tracking devices and competent software over the long years of service this corporate business has offered. The Garmin Nuvi 57lm is the model with the greatest rating on Amazon. Although some older versions have been discontinued by Garmin, most of them are available online and are still supported by Garmin. Some versions like 1300LM, 2300LM, Garmin Nuvi 50LM, Gramin Nuvi 1450, etc., are worth using as they offer quality features that just need updates to make them last efficiently. However, as these devices are often connected to a vehicle, make sure that they are well taken care of, as excessive exposure to sunlight can cause overheating of your device.
Get in touch with Experts for Instant support
It is extremely essential for a user to perform the process of the Garmin Nuvi 50lm map Update on a regular basis. If you are unable to do so or you come across any issue while doing so, then no need to worry at all. Dial experts at Mygeolocate +1(855) 386-1126 to get in touch with experts who are accessible round the clock to assist you with the most suitable solutions.