Rand McNally Dock is a very important part of the Rand McNally GPS device that provides free (or unpaid) software upgrades plus access to a map update. A person can access any user guide of a device via Dock, and send a feedback message to Rand McNally through “Tell Rand.”
Requirements of the Rand McNally Dock System are mentioned below:
- Supported Web Browsers are Internet Explorer 7 or higher than it, Opera 10 or higher than it, Safari 4 or higher than it, Firefox 3 or higher than it, Chrome 4 or higher than it.
- Operating systems are Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Intel-based only (El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, MAC OS X 10.5 and higher, Mojave require XQuartz version 2.7.11. Catalina does not require XQuartz.), Windows computers require the .Net framework 3.5 or higher.
- Hard Disk Space should be a minimum of 8 GB.
Downloading for Rand McNally Dock software
If any person wants to download Rand McNally Dock software then its downloading steps are mentioned below:
- First, open the Application and also, turn ON your computer. Also, connect the app to your computer.
- Plug-in your GPS device to the system by using the UPS cable in the box.
- There are several web browsers in your system such as Google Chrome, Safari and internet explorer, etc. Open one of them downloaded an internet browser by clicking on the browser’s icon. After doing this go to the website randmcnally.com/dock by typing in the browser’s address bar. This website is an official website. Here you will see a lot of options for Rand McNally devices. All you have to do now is that you have to search for the required Rand McNally Dock option.
- Select the required option that is suitable for the operating system. Now you will see the download option on your screen. After clicking on the download option, one pop-up message will open on your screen. That message contains an option like rand McNally dock download for windows and sometimes, rand McNally dock download for mac. When you choose your required version, the downloading process will be stat.
- Go to the Downloads folder of the computer and get the downloaded file. Also, open this app and follow the on-screen instruction to continue the process.
Installation for Rand McNally Dock
If a person wants to run Rand McNally then you have to complete it by the installation process. Steps to install the Therefore, install the Rand McNally Dock software and its steps are mentioned below:
- Locate the downloaded setup file on a device (or computer). Also, check or note down its default location. To open the folder, hit gently on the File icon from the Taskbar (it is located at the bottom of the device’s screen). You can also find the downloaded file from the downloads folder.
- If you are a Mac user then click on the option Finder icon, in the Dock. You possibly can access the file from your preferred download location which you have set for saving it. Follow all the basic instructions.
- Installing the App, you will get a pop-up box/ information box that seeks to validate the compatibility for the system. Therefore, click the Run option. Now the installer will open on the device’s screen that says “Welcome to Rand McNally Setup Wizards”.
- Instead, it is required to click on the “Next” option to proceed. Also, you will be prompted with the “Software License Agreement”. So, mark on the “I Agree” option and tap Next.
- Also, make sure that you don’t click on the “I Do Not Agree” button. If you will do this then the settling will change.
- At last click on install for the Rand McNally Dock software.
- Click on the “Finish” to exit the installer.
- Restart your computer and recheck whether the software is installed or not.